If you organise a meetup, have space in your offices, or want to make it a house party, #id24 is perfect for sharing. With #id24u, we provide the conference and you provide the social, and together we'll have the best of everything.
We've put together some notes to help you organise a #id24u wherever you are.
Decide how much of #id24 you want to stream at your #id24u event (there are 24 talks over 24 hours). Here are some suggestions:
- 2 or 3 hours (just right for a meetup)
- 6 hours (a perfect fit for a working day)
- 12 hours (getting serious now)
- 24 hours (with us all the way)
You'll need an accessible venue for #id24u that has the following facilities:
- Projector or large TV screen
- Reliable connectivity for streaming #ID24
- Reliable wifi for attendees
- Comfortable seating (especially if you're going for 12+ hours)
Participants should have something to eat and drink at #id24u. Here are some suggestions:
- Use any tea/coffee/soft drink facilities available at the venue
- Find a sponsor for tea/coffee/soft drinks, beers/wine (if appropriate), and snacks like chips and dips or pizza
- Provide tea/coffee/soft drinks, and ask everyone to bring snacks or food to share
- Partner with a food truck that's available on-site at the event
Find out which #id24 talks will stream for your #id24u event. The schedule will be published on the #id24 homepage (with times displayed in UTC and your local time zone).
Choose a name for your #id24u event. The format should be "#id24u XYZ", where "XYZ" is the name of something like your meetup, organisation, city, or school.
Tell everyone about your #id24u event. Post it to your meetup page, your office intranet, and to every social network you're connected to. Then keep telling everyone right up until #id24 itself.
Let us know about your #id24u event by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us the following information so we can help you promote your #id24u event:
- Name ("#id24u XYZ")
- UTC start/end time
- Website/social information
We want #id24 and every #id24u to be friendly, welcoming, and inclusive of everyone. make all participants aware of your Code of Conduct. If you don't have one, please use the #id24 Code of Conduct, and adapt it so that the contact information is accurate for your #id24u event.
#id24 is broadcast live from the #id24 YouTube channel. This is the best option for streaming the event because it will automatically play each talk in succession.
The #id24 schedule will show URLs for each individual talk, as well as the URL for the live captions for each one. You'll find information about the talks and speakers there too.
Follow @id24conf on Twitter for all the latest news about #id24, and track the #id24 hashtag too. On the day, ask participants to use the #id24q hashtag whenever they have questions for any of the speakers.
Settle in for a great conference courtesy of #id24, in great company at your own #id24u event!